Wednesday, May 21, 2008

so many things

It is amazing how many things there are in the world. What gives one thing more value, monetary or personal, than another? Is the need for things, the want, something we are born with or something cultivated by society. I am on a quest to quell my inner want. My goal is to reduce things, stuff, in my life, and maybe reduce some of the physical me. I want to maintain or reduce, if something comes into my life, something must go.
You may wonder what about food. Food comes and goes naturally. I am more concerned with the material. My inner pack rat is cluttering my life and my mind. I am looking over the table before me and beyond the computer is a sea of yard sale finds covering a large eight-person table. I yearn for a clear table. Here I go.

No comments: