Sunday, August 22, 2010

Figilicous

Faced with what to do with a box of beautiful figs I was drawn to the world of tarts. I came up with this quick and easy (and yummy) tart.


Fig Tart
3 or 4 fresh figs, sliced
1 sheet of puff pastry
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Balsamic vinegar
Egg and water wash (I used an egg and half eggshell full of water)
  • Heat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  • Place the puff pastry on parchment paper on a flat baking surface (I used my PC bar pan).
  • Mix  the sugar, walnuts, and enough balsamic vinegar to make mixture pasty.  Spread mixture on puff pastry, layer fig slices on top. Fold the edges of the puff pastry over the filling and brush with egg and water wash.  
  • Bake until golden brown.
  • Cool and enjoy! 
Note - you can double the recipe by using a whole box of puff pastry and a whole grocery store container of figs.


No comments: