Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quick Picnic Fix

Strawberry season is already coming to a close and I am loving my new strawberry huller gadget.  I have been making stuffed strawberries as yummy treats for us at home and today I am taking them to a picnic.  I think they will be a great finger food on such a hot day.

Stuffed Strawberries

"Pretty" strawberries

8 oz package of cream cheese per 2 pounds of strawberries

1/2 cup powdered sugar per each package of cream cheese

Vanilla to taste

Variation ingredients - coconut flakes, grated chocolate, crushed pecans

How to make them:
  • Rinse and dry strawberries 
  • Hollow out the strawberries with a strawberry huller.  

  • Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together with a mixture until creamy.  I use a stand mixer and mixed for a few minutes to get an icing like consistency.
  • Put filling in a pastry bag or something like that - I used my Pampered Chef "Easy Accent Decorator"



  • Dip in coconut flakes (or grated chocolate or nuts) if wanted











  •  Refrigerate until you use them.  
Ready to go!!  
Variations -
Dip tops in something like coconut when you are transporting so they don't smear up against each other
You can dip the strawberries in melted chocolate after they are filled
Add pineapple puree and coconut to the cream cheese mix for colada strawberries
Add some pecans

No comments: