Ever since my first con I knew the day would come when I would start planning my first cosplay. Four-day passes to Star Wars Celebration VII have been purchased, the hotel has been booked, time to set aside the nerdy t-shirt and jeans and start planning.
First off, now that I am going to do this whatever I do is going to be detailed and well made. Here are the preliminary considerations -
1. What genre? Our first thought was to do Visitors from the original V, but now that we are planning a trip across the country to a Star Wars con AND my husband lives and breathes Star Wars, Star Wars it is! Specifically something from the original trilogy.
2. As a couple do we match or go our own way? We are still discussing this...
3. Cost considerations - I want it to look good, but I don't want to spend thousands of dollars.
Sadly this leaves out being Storm Troopers...
4. Comfort - physically and mentally. I want to be comfortable so I can have a good time and enjoy myself. It also has to be something that I do not mind wearing while being photographed by total strangers. No Slave Leia.
5. It has to be something I can take onto a plane or safely ship to the hotel.
So much to plan! Ideally I want to be ready by NYCC 2014 so we can do a test run.