Pumpkin, smoked gouda, pasta...what is not to like? I am not sure, I wasn't wowed but I wasn't repulsed by this recipe. I used "baby" neck pumpkins from Central Market for this recipe. I baked them in the oven and then scooped out the pumpkiny goodness.
I altered this recipe from Cara's Cravings blog after a nestie suggested it for a vegetarian meal.
Pumpkin and Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese
- about 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- about 3/4 cup milk (ok I didn't have milk so I used heavy cream with some water, that is milk isn't it?)
- 2 cups of cooked pumpkin
- about 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 8 oz grated smoked gouda
- salt and pepper
- grated nutmeg about 1/2 teaspoon (I eyeballed it)
- 1 box of Dreamfields elbows cooked al dente