I *think* this is an original recipe, I came up with it after tasting Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. They were too sweet by themselves but I thought they would taste good with ginger, sort of my autumn interpretation of the classic Peanut Blossom recipe. I had a hard time finding the Pumpkin Spice kisses after hearing about them, I looked at Rite Aid and Giant with no luck. I eventually found them at good ole Target. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Ginger Blossoms
3/4 cup crisco
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups sifted flour (I use unbleached all purpose)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
Extra sugar for rolling
Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, put unwrapped kisses in the freezer.
- Cream crisco and sugar in a mixing bowl. I use the paddle for my KitchenAid since this a thicker batter. Add the egg and molasses and beat until mixed well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Add to sugar/crisco mixture while slowly mixing, keep mixing until well combined.
- Form 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. I use my small PC scoop to get evenly sized cookies.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Put cookies on a wire rack to cool. Let cookies cool for a minute or so and then place a kiss on top of each cookie.
- This recipes makes about 30 cookies.