Here is our menu:
Corn on the cob (courtesy of Roger)
Korean style short ribs
Potato salad ala Steve
Stuffed hot peppers (courtesy of John)
Hamburgers and hotdogs
Bean dip and homemade pico de gallo
Vanilla and chocolate ice cream
Stuffed Marinated Hot Red Cherry Peppers (stolen from Martha)
- 14 hot red cherry peppers, cored and seeded, tops reserved
- 4 ounces young pecorino or provolone cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 14 small sprigs fresh marjoram
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Stuff each pepper with cheese and a sprig of marjoram. Transfer stuffed pepper and pepper tops to a glass loaf pan.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over peppers. Let marinate at room temperature 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tops on peppers. Cook until cheese has melted and peppers are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.