- 1 whole chicken (mine is from Dave Dietz's stand at York Central Market)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 1/2 cups of broth from the cooked chicken
- 1-28 oz. can of whole tomatoes peeled tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 quart yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1-14 oz bag of frozen lima beans (or fresh if you have it)
- 1-14 oz bag of frozen corn (or fresh if you have it)
- 2 tsp medium hot chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
Cook the chicken in a crock pot on high for 5 hours or until internal temperature is 165 degrees
Cool. This time I cooked the chicken the night before and placed in the refrigerator over night.
Step 3 - Add the pepper, onion, and potatoes. Crank up the crock pot to HIGH.
Step 4 - While that is cooking pick the meat off of the chicken and set aside.
The snow continues...
Tomatoes, you can use what you have - fresh, diced, whole with puree
Spotlight on Local and/or Organic:
Potatoes and chicken - local
Tomatoes and red pepper - organic
Do the lima beans count- they were Hanover??