Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chili is Love

Chili is love and it really doesn't have a "recipe" in my book.  Here is how I make it, more or less plus or minus a pepper or some meat.  I use Penzeys Spices in most of my cooking.  I stand by their medium hot chili powder as the cornerstone of my chili.

Chili

  • 2- 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes
  • 1- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
  • Red Pepper - sometimes a green pepper
  • 2 15-oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • one big can or 3-15 oz dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • Sweet Onion
  • Ground beef, browned - about 1.5 pounds
  • Penzey's medium hot chili powder
  • Ground Cumin
  • Fresh ground pepper

Drain and rinse the beans
Place the diced tomatoes and sauce in crock pot (on low)








Add spices







Saute diced pepper and onions in canola oil

Add beans and sauteed onions and peppers to tomato/spice mixture 
Brown beef
Add to crock pot
Cook on low for 4-5 hours

No comments: