Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowmogeddon 2010

I am in love with the snow.  This is the first blizzard of my adult life (no Becca, in 2003 I lived in York and we did not have a much snow as Maryland).  In 1993 I was in Italy and missed it completely, although my mom and sister had a nice surprise waiting for them at JFK when they got home from visiting me. In 1996 I was in Binghamton and we only got a few inches.  So this is my weekend.

I planned out our menu and headed to Giant.  I love how the grocery store becomes a crazy mess before snow.  It is so interesting to look in people's carts to see what they think is necessary.  I left the store with out milk and bread since we really don't use either.  Our weekend menu is at the end of this post.

I am taking lots of pictures - click here to see more - and here is a quick look at our weekend so far:

Steve shoveling snow off the porch roof (yes, I have the best husband ever!)

 
The back yard during the snow
  
The sun trying to peek out after the storm


Snow piled up on the bell in the yard

Friday
Dinner - homemade pizza
For later this weekend - chili

Saturday
Breakfast - omelets (brie for me, pepperoni and cheese for Steve) and biscuts
Lunch - warmed up Chili
Dinner - going old school meat and taters - strip steak, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and snap peas
Baking - Carmel Apple Pie

Sunday
Breakfast - maybe a crustless quiche or just eggies
Lunch - chili
Dinner - The Dish (black bean and chicken enchiladas)
Baking - something to use up some fresh pineapple
Super Bowl - Crack Dip and Beer

No comments: