Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mushroom Heaven - Melting Pot Mushrooms

Have I said how much I LOVE mushrooms?  I call these Melting Pot mushrooms not because the recipe is ripped off from the Melting Pot, but because they make your house smell like the Melting Pot. Yum.
I am going to serve these with a nice steak, mashed taters, and snap sugar peas.


Melting Pot Mushrooms

2-8 oz packages of Baby Bella (Crimini) Mushrooms
1 cup of red wine (this time I used a 2005 Georges DuBoeuf Beaujolais-Villages)
1 Knorr beef bouillon cube
1/2 stick of butter
2-3 garlic cloves
Freshly ground pepper

Rinse off the mushrooms.
  

Place in a crock pot, add wine.

Crumble the bouillon over the mushrooms, add crushed garlic, butter slices, and freshly ground pepper.



Cover and put on high on low for 7 to 8 hours.  Take the lid off half way to let the liquid condense.







No comments: